The JEE Advanced, or IIT-JEE, formerly, as everyone has heard of, is one of the most competitive exams worldwide. The 2017-2018 batch is around the calendar, with 3 more months to go.
If you are in class 9 or 10, and are reading this article, then you’re quite at the right time to start knowing more about the exam, the syllabus, planning for preparation from class 11, etc.
Here are some tips for you guys:
- Keep Myth Away – you’re going to hear a lot of myths around JEE, probably might have even heard of by now. Some like, “jee is only for the ‘bright’ minded people …” (idk what that means) and some others like “you’re required to start preparing from class 6”. None of these are true.
- Start Acting – For an effective and smooth iit jee preparation, get acquainted with the exam pattern and syllabus. Try solving the same topics from books of classes 11-12.
- Cultivate healthy habits – Keep a daily schedule and stick that. Do some exercise and eat healthy food. The first answer to how to prepare for iit is discipline.
Here is a quora answer by an IIT-JEE AIR 993 holder you’ll enjoy reading.
If you are in class 11 or 12 now, it’s high time! It’s the most crucial period of you iit jee preparation. Here are some tips that will aid you:
- Focus – there is no better time for this than now. All you need to do is focus on your preparation.
- Eat that frog – clear those concepts that have always troubled you. Practice more problems of topics that you need to get better on.
- Give exams – give topic wise and subject wise tests regularly. You can consider a coaching center program for this.
- Stay healthy – giving 10-30 mins of a day to exercise will help you regain that time multiple-fold. Eat healthy food, and keep calm!
As a motivational gift, here is a curated list of books for you! 😛
- Make sure you can solve problems from the NCERT class XI and class XII textbooks.
- For best concepts, use IIT Mathematics for JEE (Main and Advanced) by M.L. Khanna
- For the most abundant supply of difficult questions: New Pattern IITJEE Mathematics by Dr. S.K. Goyal
- Plane Trigonometry and Elements of Coordinate Geometry by S.L. Loney
- Concepts of Physics, Volumes 1 and 2, by H.C. Verma
- Problems in General Physics, by I.E. Irodov
- Fundamentals of Physics, by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker
- Understanding Physics for JEE Main and Advanced (series), by D.C. Pandey
- Study the NCERT chemistry textbooks for classes XI and XII.
- Organic Chemistry, by Morrison and Boyd
- Numerical Chemistry for JEE Main and Advanced, by P. Bahadur
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry, by J.D. Lee
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations, by R.C. Mukherjee
- Physical Chemistry, by P. Bahadur.
- organic, physical, and inorganic chemistry books by O.P. Tandon
Keywords used in this article: iit preparation, iit jee preparation, how to prepare for iit, how to prepare for iit jee in class 11, how to prepare for iit from class 11 without coaching, how to crack iit jee, how to study for iit jee, how to prepare for iit from class 10, how to prepare for iit jee